About YEEC: An event focusing on the support and development of youth with active participation in public affairs, education, environmental, climate and sustainability issues. Bringing together active youths from around the world to inspire and support one another while experiencing an engaging 5 day program. Together they will deliver a message on youth needs and environmental education at the 11th World Environmental Education Congress and will discuss it with leading world educators and key actors in environmental education.
- open for participants aged 18 - 26* from around the world
- for groups and individuals active in youth civic, environmental, sustainability and educational initiatives and programs (for example Ecoschools, Young reporters, Fridays for Future, Roots and Shoots, Scouts and other national or local programs, movements or initiatives, as well as individuals and non-formal groups engaged in environmental or sustainable topics)
- participants will be asked to introduce their activity at the YEEC (speech or poster/video)
- together they will create and present a message to educators and decision- makers on youth needs in environmental and sustainability education; selected delegates will present it to the audience at WEEC
- all parts of the YEEC will be held in English
Program: The event will consist of interactive workshops, seminars, educational excursions and trips, visits to local organisations and sites, round table discussions, team-building, group activities and presentations delivered by famous speakers taking part at WEEC and a final gala evening. Download the more detailed program here.
Applications close 5pm Wednesday 20th October 2021